Tuesday, October 30

my favorite bear

When Hallie told me she wanted to be a bear for Halloween this year, my first thought was, "But bear costumes aren't cute!" Of course I didn't say this out loud. I nodded my head, smiled, and knew it was only a matter of time before she would change her mind. It was bound to happen, right? Wrong. 

Instead of going the traditional route of a bulky, baggy bodysuit animal costume, I came up with something a little more comfortable and...let's be honest...a lot cuter. I wasn't sure what exactly Hallie had in mind when she imagined herself as a bear and was nervous about her reaction when she saw the finished product, but she loves it. Phew! 





Of course there are always a few bumps in the road when it comes to anything dealing with Hallie. She was really upset about her hair - because bears don't have long hair and they don't wear pigtails or ponytails. She also refused to wear underwear with her costume because, hello mom, bears don't wear underwear! After a few discussions we agreed on a ponytail and underwear. Wonderful. 


Though I wish I could take credit for coming up with the entire ensemble on my own, you know Pinterest had a hand in it all...

The ears were based off of this awesome tutorial. 
The idea of a girly bear costume was based off of this panda costume
The sweatshirt was purchased here and the quality and price are both super. I'm thinking about buying some more in other colors. 
And that fur skirt? That idea was mine and I seriously want to make one for myself. Sooo soft!

I hope everyone has a happy and safe Halloween! And don't forget to sneak some of your kids' chocolate in my honor. You know you want to. 



1 comment:

BECKY said...

the ears are to die for!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...